The Foundation supports highly demanded, yet under-funded programs and services, aiming to transform stigma, improve timely service access, and embrace changes and healing. With the funding raised, we are able to support:
- 2,258 unique clients were served through 19,996 meetings, home visits, phone calls with Intake, Case Management and Housing Support;
- 339 unique clients were empowered in their recovery journey through the newly launched Recovery College courses, a wide range of Leisure Clubs, Lunch Program and special ESL classes;
- 416 unique youth and 188 unique parents were engaged through the Hong Fook Youth and Family Hub programs;
- 140 unique family members and caregivers were supported through six family groups co-led by family peers and staff;
- 5,419 contacts were reached out through 310 sessions of Prevention and Promotion workshops and activities in the community;
- 376 settlement workers were trained through the bilingual (English and French) province-wide professional trainings.
Please find more information in our Annual Report. You can also read the impact stories below and draw from their experiences. There is much more Hong Fook could do to create a multicultural community that understands mental health and accepts mental illness. We need you to take this mental health journey together with us through donating now.
Cancerous Mental Health
A cancer survivor’s battle with depression and her journey to recover.
Disconnect and Reconnect
A youth’s attempts at suicide and her journey to overcome.
Two Jobs as a Single Mother
A mother’s personal neglect and her journey to understand her needs.
A Culminating Amount of Work
A worker’s exhaustion and his journey to create a healthy balance.