The funds raised by the Foundation help maintain and expand underfunded programs and services for the Hong Fook Mental Health Association.
Established in 2001, Hong Fook Mental Health Foundation serves as the fundraising arm of Hong Fook Mental Health Association, and raises funds to strengthen and expand underfunded programs and services of the Association.
The objectives of Hong Fook Mental Health Foundation are:
- To promote mental health through education, wellness and illness prevention programs;
- To provide financial support to Hong Fook Mental Health Association for operating culturally competent, community-based programs to persons with mental disorders;
- To fund programs for new immigrants and refugees in their adaptation and adjustment endeavours;
- To fund research and studies on mental health issues; and
- To promote and initiate volunteer development.
For Hong Fook Mental Health Association services and programs, please visit the Association website.